What is better then having four Happy Thursday Rides in a month? Having FIVE! This is a rare occasion so we are heading out to the Marigny and Bywater. We will meet up at 7pm at Schiro's (this is a new starting spot), hangout for awhile, and grab a drink or two. About 7:30ish, we will mount up and take it to the streets! This will be our second time on this route. We have some fun surprises planned.
If you're not sure how to get to Schiro's then use the google map link to map a bike route for you and your friends: https://bit.ly/m0CRu6 .
"JUNE BUG" will be the theme this week, so antennas, wings, bug eyes and such. If you don't feel like dressing up like a bug consider being an exterminator. And if bugs or bug killers aren't your forte then dress as the grass (dress in green).
For the most up-to-date in info checkout the Facebook event page.
June 2011 Archives
- have lights, front and rear
- we obey all laws, where applicable
- we respect all riders no matter what they drive!
- less gears = more beers
- safety 1st and last!
For more information about the ride and any updates make sure to checkout the Facebook Event Page.
So it is time to turn the tv off, put air into your bike tires, charge your battery lights(as a front & rear light is the law), and fill your cooler as it is even warm out at night!
We also have a theme..."LUCKY STRIKES & POODLE SKIRTS". So come out and join us as we travel back to the 50's. Are you a greaser or a soc? Did you ever wanna be your favorite "Happy Days" character? Laverne or Shirley or Lenny or Squiggy or even Pop? Well this Thursday is the night to get your duds ready!
Just remember we respect all drivers no matter what they drive.
Safety is 1st and last!
We leave no trace!
- 1st Thursday of the month "Uptown"- Squeal Bar-B-Q at 8400 Oak St..
- 2nd Thursday of the month "Mid-City"- Finn McCools at 3701 Banks st.
- 3rd Thursday of the month "CBD/French Quarter"- The Bar 12 at 601 South Peters St.
- 4th Thursday of the month "Can be Anywhere" - Check NOLA Social Ride's Facebook Group for Info
We start at a place that has food/drinks/bathrooms, because we know that some cruisers come straight from work. We then ride for about 30-45mins and stop at a park or a chill spot for about 15mins, then we ride for about 30-45min. We end at a waterhole for drink or an eatery for grub.
(Photo taken by Andrew O'Malley on the Caped Cruise-ador Ride)
What to expect if you attend a "Happy Thursday NOLA" Ride.
- We are not a bar crawl as we only stop at a place for drinks at the end. We might have a few during the chill spot. :)
- We are a slow paced, fun bicycle ride that welcomes all bikers: cruisers, road racers, mountain riders, custom wheels...etc.
- We have no other agenda other than getting together to ride bicycles.
- Oh and don't be surprised if you show up and everyone is in costumes.
This is a FB group where we talk about the logistics of the "Happy Thursday" ride.
We will talk about:
- how to make it grow
- end spots
- and any idea's to make our "happy thursday" ride better
Groups Facebook Page: Crescent City Cruiser Committee
The revolution will not be motorized!
We replace TV with actual human contact.
We build community one bike ride at a time.
We avoid commercial sponsorship and advertising.
We invite and include people from all demographics.
We encourage radical self expression and participation.
We put ritual other than consumerism back in our lives.
We respect the environment and practice leave no trace.
We practice civic responsibility and obey laws where applicable.
Happy Thursday Rides:
We meet every thursday 7pm & ride @ 7:30pm.
4th Thursday of the month "Can be Anywhere" - Check NOLA Social Ride's Facebook Group for Info
We obey all traffic laws.
We respect all drivers no matter what they are drivin.'
We believe in "leave no trace."
We believe that "less gears, means more beers."
The "Happy Thursday" cruise is a slow paced ride that gives you a chance to see where you live in a new way, wish people a "Happy Thursday", to turn off the TV for a night and meet great people that you might not run into in your normal life.